Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The JBLM EO/EEO Office's mission is to help enforce the eradication of unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment by educating military and civilian personnel on their protected categories, assisting commanders with maintaining a positive human relations climate in their units and processing EO/EEO complaints.
The JBLM EO/EEO office is a neutral party for the EO process and does not side with the complainant or the supervisor/management.
We encourage everyone to use the chain of command and support early resolution of any human relations issue prior to contacting our office.
The JBLM EO/EEO Office is primarily responsible for:
- Clarifying military informal and formal equal opportunity complaints for Active Duty, dependents and retirees.
Military EO Informal Complaints - Complainant chooses avenue for resolution (Chain of command, Alternative Dispute Resolution or intervention from a co-worker).
*There is no time limit to file an Informal Complaint*
Military EO Formal Complaints - The EO Office conducts the complaint clarification.
*Complainant must file within 60 calendar days of the alleged discriminatory behavior*
- Conducting informal inquiries and processing formal equal employment opportunity complaints for DoD civilian employees.
*Civilian Employees must contact the JBLM EO/EEO office within 45 calendar days of the alleged discriminatory behavior*
- Offering mediation through the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program to resolve issues involving potential human relations conflicts. Available for military and civilian workplace disputes.
- Providing training on unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment for base personnel. The JBLM EO/EEO office is also available for awareness training on subjects relating to human relations upon request (i.e. cultural diversity, recognizing stereotypes and prejudices, etc.)
- Assisting leadership as Subject Matter Experts regarding issues of unlawful discrimination/sexual harassment.
- Ensuring all Air Force units conduct mandatory climate assessment surveys (DEOCS) in a timely manner.
- Conducting Equal Opportunity Treatment Incident (EOTI) clarifications (Overt, adverse acts, occurring on or off base, directed toward an individual, group or institution which is motivated by, or has overtones based on race, color, national origin, religion or sex which has the potential to have a negative impact on the installation human relations climate).
Military Members, Dependents & Retirees:
Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Sexual Orientation & Sex (to include Sexual Harassment).
DoD Civilian Employees:
Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Sex (to include Sexual Harassment), Age (40 and over), Disability (mental or physical), Genetic Information & Reprisal (for participation in the EEO process).
Comm: (253) 982-1285/5000
Fax: (253) 982-0829 or (253) 982-3599
24 Hour Air Force Discrimination Hotline: 1-888-231-4058
100 Col. Joe Jackson Blvd.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA 98438
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.