HomeContact UsWing Commander's Hotline


If you have questions or concerns that you would like to bring to the Wing Commander's attention, please fill out the Contact Form below. If possible, please try to contact the organization responsible for the problem or situation first. As always, first sergeants, commanders and agency chiefs want to help, so please let them try. 

Contact Form

Frequently asked questions

Question: I am a new Airman here at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. How do I get housing information? 
Answer: For information regarding housing at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, visit https://home.army.mil/lewis-mcchord/index.php/my-Joint-Base-Lewis-Mcchord/all-services/Housing-Home


Noise Complaints
Question: There has been a lot of flight activity near my house and I want to file a complaint. How do I file a noise complaint?
Answer: If you would like to file a noise complaint, please contact the 62nd Airlift Wing Public Affairs office at 253-982-5638 or email 62aw.pa.mail@us.af.mil


Question: I need a new common access card/dependent identification card. How do I get a new one?
Answer: We encourage you to make an appointment through ID Cards RAPIDS Appointment Scheduler. This is a web-based application that is available to all military personnel, retirees, family members, and DOD employees for the convenience of scheduling an appointment online. To make an appointment at Lewis Main or McChord Field, visit https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco. For more information, visit https://home.army.mil/lewis-mcchord/index.php/my-Joint-Base-Lewis-Mcchord/all-services/id-cards-deers

Military Memorabilia
Question: Where can I obtain military memorabilia such as patches, uniform items, mugs, etc?
The Air Force can't provide official uniform items, but several private companies exist to meet your needs. Please use you Internet browser's search engine to find the appropriate one.

Question: Can I request a flyover or an aircraft static display for my event?
Answer: Aerial support for community events must be approved by the Secretary of the Air Force Office of Public Affairs before McChord aircraft can participate. The process for requesting McChord C-17 Globemaster III flyovers or static displays needs to begin a minimum of 90 days before the event, by filling out the DD Form 2535. To start, please fill out the request form, http://www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil/, and click "New Request."

In general, flyovers and static displays must coincide with:
-  Events specifically designed to highlight aviation.
- Events specifically designed to honor America's armed forces or substantially contribute to recruiting efforts.
- Ceremonial events scheduled within 7 days of one of the following nationally recognized patriotic holidays: Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, POW/MIA Recognition Day or Veterans Day.

After you have received your approval request email with approval number, please contact 62nd Airlift Wing Public Affairs Office at (253) 982-5638 so we can coordinate your request with one of our units.

Question: Does McChord Field offer base tours?
Answer: We do offer base tours on a first come, first served basis. Tours will not exceed four hours in duration. Group sizes will be limited to no fewer than 20 and no more than 40 attendees. However, tours are currently postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit https://www.mcchord.af.mil/Units/62nd-Airlift-Wing-Public-Affairs/


Contact Info
Question: I need a telephone number to an organization. Where can I find them?
Answer: To find a telephone number for an organization at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, visit https://www.mcchord.af.mil/Portals/29/documents/JBLM%20Telephone%20Directory.pdf?ver=2016-06-29-142802-670


Space A
Question: How do I get information regarding Space Available seats at McChord?
Answer: Space Available seats are often limited, therefore, passenger planning and flexibility is key to Space Available travel. For more information, call 253-982-7268 or visit https://www.mcchord.af.mil/About-Us/Space-A/

Child care
Question: Does Joint Base Lewis-McChord or McChord Field have child care available for families?
Answer: Affordable quality child care is provided for children from 6 weeks through 12 years of age. There are several Child Development Centers on base. For more information, visit https://jblm.armymwr.com/programs/child-care.


Question: Is there employment listing at McChord Field?
Answer: For employment information, we encourage you to visit https://www.usajobs.gov/.


Public Affairs
Commercial: (253) 982-5638
DSN: 982-5638
Email: 62aw.pa.mail@us.af.mil

Visitor Center
Commercial: (253) 982-2119
DSN: 982-2119

Commercial: (253) 982-1110
DSN: 382-1110
Email: 62CPTSHelp@us.af.mil

Command Post
Commercial: (253) 982-2635
DSN: 382-2635
Email: 62cp.ops@us.af.mil

Environmental Information
Commercial: (253) 967-5337
DSN: 967-5337
Email: usarmy.jblm.id-readiness.list.dpw-edpr1@mail.mil

Sexual Assault Prevention Response Program (SAPR)
Commercial: (253) 982-7272
DSN: 382-7272

Legal Assistance
Commercial: (253) 982-6305
DSN: 982-6305
Link: https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil/lass/lass.html

Voting Assistance
Units will continue to have Unit Voting Assistant Officers (UVAOs). Service members are directed to go to their UVAO for voting information, registration, updating contact information and requesting an absentee ballot. Voting information for all personnel (service members, family members, retired service members and civilian personnel) is available at http://fvap.gov/.

Contracting Opportunities
Commercial: (571) 256-2397