Chief Master Sergeant Timothey C. Hodgin is the Command Chief Master Sergeant at the 62nd Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. In this position, he advises the Wing Commander, as the base's Air Force Senior Service Component Commander and the staff on matters of health, morale, welfare, training, professional development, and utilization of approximately 7,000 Airmen from five separate Major Commands to include an Air Force Reserve Wing, the Western Area Defense Sector and other Team McChord partners at the Department of Defense's only Army-led joint installations. Additionally, he ensures that Prime Nuclear Airlift forces are mission ready as the sole Department of Defense Airlift Wing tasked to airlift nuclear and nuclear-related cargo. Finally, he ensures the readiness of 40 permanently assigned C-17 Globemaster III aircraft to support worldwide combat and humanitarian airlift and airdrop operations.
Chief Hodgin entered the Air Force in August of 1998 and has served 24 years across a broad spectrum of AFSC's including Electrical Systems Journeyman, System Administrator, Sensor Operator, and Intelligence Analyst. During his time as a Sensor Operator, Chief Hodgin logged more than 1,500 combat flying hours and earned instructor and flight evaluator ratings. Throughout the past decade, he has led Theater ISR and National Intelligence Operations for units within the 480th and 70th ISR Wings. His assignments include bases in California, Hawaii, Nevada, South Korea, and Alaska. Chief Hodgin has deployed in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, ENDURING FREEDOM, ODYSSEY DAWN, and UNIFIED PROTECTOR. Before his current role as Command Chief Master Sergeant, he served as Senior Enlisted Leader, 373 ISRG and Senior Enlisted Leader, NSA Alaska.
1998 Electrical Systems Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2001 Computer Operations Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Missouri
2003 Airman Leadership School, Travis AFB, California
2007 Imagery Intelligence Analysis Apprentice Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
2009 Associate of Applied Science, Info Systems Management, Comm College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Course 14) by correspondence
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Senior Enlisted Intelligence Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2014 Professional Managers Certification, Comm College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Bachelors of Arts, Intelligence Studies, American Military University
2017 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Senior Enlisted Joint Military Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
2021 Master of Arts, Management/Concentration in Organizational Leadership, American Military University
2022 Strategic Mindset Seminar, Flatter INC, Fredericksburg, Virginia
2022 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program, Cornell University, by correspondence
2023 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan Freed Associates, Washington D.C.
ASSIGNMENTS OR CAREER CHRONOLOGY
1. August 1998–September 1998, Trainee, basic military training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. September 1998–April 1999, Student, electrician technical training, 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. April 1999–August 2001, Alarm Technician, 60th Civil Engineer Squadron, Travis AFB, California
4. August 2001–July 2004, System Administrator, 60th Communications Squadron, Travis AFB, California
5. July 2004–July 2007, Information Protection Operations Technician, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. July 2007–February 2008, Student, intelligence analysis technical training, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
7. February 2008–December 2011, Flight Chief, 15th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nevada
8. December 2011–June 2015, Operations Superintendent, DGS-2, Beale AFB, California
9. June 2015–June 2017, Operations Superintendent, 6th Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
10. June 2017–June 2019, Superintendent, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, California
11. June 2019–April 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, 373 ISRG and Senior Enlisted Leader, NSA Alaska
12. May 2022–Present, Command Chief, 62d Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
Rating: Flight Evaluator/Sensor Operator
Flight hours: 1,536
Aircraft flown: MQ1-B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three silver and one bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
2003 Academic Achievement Award and Distinguished Graduate from ALS Travis AFB
2008 John L. Levitow Award from NCOA Kirtland AFB
2010 332 Air Expeditionary Wing Aircrew Safety Award
2012 Distinguished Graduate from SNCOA Gunter Annex
2012 9 Intelligence Squadron SNCO of the year
2013 548 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group AFISRAP nominee
2014 548 Operations Support Squadron SNCO of the year
2015 694 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group SNCO of the year
2016 480 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Lance P. Sijan Award nominee
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic August 5, 1998
Airman February 5, 1999
Airman First Class December 5, 1999
Senior Airman August 5, 2001
Staff Sergeant May 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant July 1, 2009
Senior Master Sergeant February 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant April 1, 2017
(Current as of May 2023)