Lieutenant Colonel Jerry Yarrington is the Commander, 62d Aerial Port Squadron at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. He is responsible for operating a major aerial port and commercial gateway for passenger and cargo movement on channel and contingency missions worldwide, in which 300 personnel support all facets of air transportation. He maintains resources in a constant state of readiness and deploys them worldwide to establish aerial port capabilities. Additionally, he provides oversight for contracted aerial delivery services responsible to prepare airdrop platforms in support of the wing’s unilateral airdrop training mission.
Lt Col Yarrington enlisted in the USAF in December 1997 and earned a commission through the USAF Officer Training School in November 2004 following his graduation from Southern Illinois University. Lt Col Yarrington has more than 21 years of logistics experience. He is proud to have a depth of experience in aerial port operations, having served over 10 years in aerial ports around the globe where he was charged with enabling the airlift of passengers and cargo in support of worldwide contingencies and operations. Prior to his current position, the colonel was an Air University Fellow where he served as a Squadron Officer College Professional Military Education instructor and as an Air Command and Staff College student.
2002 Airman Leadership School, Charleston AFB, S.C.
2002 Associate in Applied Science, Vehicle Maintenance, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2003 Bachelor of Science, Workforce Education and Development, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Human Relations, University of Oklahoma, Norman
2015 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2017 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 1998 – October 2001, General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman, 305th Transportation Squadron, McGuire Air Force Base (AFB), N.J. (March 2001 – June 2001, General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman,Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
2. October 2001 – August 2004, General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Craftsman, 437th Logistics Readiness
Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C. (August 2002 – November 2002, General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Craftsman, Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba)
3. August 2004 – November 2004, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. November 2004 – September 2008, Air Freight, Passenger Services, and Air Terminal Operations Center Flight
Commander, 732d Air Mobility Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
5. September 2008 – September 2010, Aerial Port and Expeditionary Readiness and Resources Flight Commander
728th Air Mobility Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
6. September 2010 – June 2013, Operations Officer, Materiel Management Flight Commander, and Section
Commander, 100th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom (August 2011 – November 2011, Mission Support Director of Operations, 351st Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Istres Air Base, France and September 2012 – December 2012, Mission Support Director of Operations, 409th Air
Expeditionary Group, Naval Support Activity, Souda Bay, Crete, Greece)
7. June 2013 – June 2015, Operations Officer, 89th Aerial Port Squadron, Joint-Base Andrews, Md. (October 2014 –
March 2015, Commercial Airlift Programs Manager, United States Central Command Deployment and Distribution
Operations Center, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait)
8. June 2015 – June 2017, Air University Fellow, Air Command and Staff College Student and Flight Commander,
30th Student Squadron, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2017 – Present, Commander, 62d Aerial Port Squadron, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant November 10, 2004
First Lieutenant November 10, 2006
Captain November 10, 2008 Major April 1, 2015
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2019
(Current as of August 2019)